PDA

View Full Version : Palytoxin inhalation from warm water?

JamesTheSecond
01/04/2017, 05:08 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm sorry if this is a repeat post.
I recently began working for a maintenance company cleaning local fish tanks. One of my clients has a very large colony of palys in the center of his tank. They just moved out, so the tank hasn't been maintenance outside of my stops.

I was there about an hour and a half ago scrubbing the walls and completing a water change.

The water was noticeably warm, probably 84, and the palys seemed stressed due to some aphasia adjacent to them. The room was significantly more humid than the rest of the house.

I don't have any difficulty breathing or anything, no running nose, but I do feel very anxious. My heart is beating quickly, I feel very derealized, and a little hazy.

I took a beta blocker to see how that helps.

My question is, couldn't be related to the palys? I don't have any noticeable cuts on my hands, either. No stinging from putting my hands in the tank.

kegogut
01/04/2017, 08:55 PM
I would say drink two beers and check back in the morning. lolz

deputydog95
01/04/2017, 10:44 PM
He's probably dead by now :-)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sk8r
01/05/2017, 11:44 AM
Get to a hospital er with a printout of the thread on palytoxin, which you will find in the New To The Hobby forum.

SantaMonica
01/06/2017, 07:14 PM
I think you actually need to cut or break a paly, in order for the toxin to come out. I don't think just stressing will do it.

Could be wrong.

RV7AFlyer
01/09/2017, 08:21 PM
I believe you have to get the toxin in a cut or breath in the steam from boiling a rock with a coral that contains Polytoxins. 84 degree water it way too cool to get the toxins in the air.

deputydog95
01/09/2017, 08:28 PM
RIP OP :-)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

xanthurum
01/09/2017, 08:57 PM
^lol