PDA

View Full Version : If stirring kalkwasser has negative effects, why do kalk stirrers exist?

RT_BRS
01/06/2017, 05:56 PM
FAQ #31: If stirring kalkwasser has negative effects, why are reactors available that do just that?

4BHiLNoC5hI

When running kalkwasser in an automatic topoff, or DIY dripper system, mixing the kalk after the first initial mix has the negative effect of introducing atmospheric CO2 into the mix essentially reducing the effectiveness of the solution. So why are there kalk reactors designed to stir the media? How have you guys implemented kalkwasser in your systems?

gltoland
03/08/2017, 04:04 PM
I have a two little fishies reactor in between my ATO and sump. Works great. You must reduce the flow though where it barley stirs or you can't keep a constant KH. Once I figured that out it stays exactly the same 24 hours a day.

Randy_BRS
03/09/2017, 01:26 PM
I have a two little fishies reactor in between my ATO and sump. Works great. You must reduce the flow though where it barley stirs or you can't keep a constant KH. Once I figured that out it stays exactly the same 24 hours a day.

Nice! :D