PDA

View Full Version : Do u need to cycle Nature Nutri Seawater?

We4wienerS
01/08/2017, 05:46 PM
Im setting up an IM 10 fusion. Gonna put purigen , floss, and chemi pure blue in the basket. Will do weekly 2g wc's. No dosing or skimming. Ive checked my parameters using nutri seawater...everythings pretty darn close to what it should be
1. Do i need to cycle the seawater?
2. Can i load my media basket immediately with purigen and chemi pure?

Spoken to quite a few people using the Natures Seawater and they were simply filling their tanks and letting the temp even up and they added their livestock. Any advice as of yet? Im very familiar w cycling, just not so much with premixed water.

windlasher
01/08/2017, 06:29 PM
It isn't just about the water. It's also about the rock. It's also about the bio of the tank, the rock, the sand having time to build up and be able to break down old food, poop, etc, and that takes a while. You need to cycle.

We4wienerS
01/08/2017, 06:57 PM
It isn't just about the water. It's also about the rock. It's also about the bio of the tank, the rock, the sand having time to build up and be able to break down old food, poop, etc, and that takes a while. You need to cycle.

Ok, thanks. I am using live rock and live sand along with the water. However, I am also questioning my decision to go DSB. I think I wanna go BB to simply remove anything that can cause detritus issues. In regards to Bio...I am keeping it simple. Clown, clown goby and softies, possibly LPS. Some inverts also. I am not committed to any stocking ideas. I want to build this tank removing any possible complications. So, cycle it...I will. just not sure about DSB. I like the aesthetic appearance of some sand, not neccesarily a DSB, but maybe 1" of live sand.

Suggestions in regards to DSB or BB?

soulpatch
01/09/2017, 11:26 AM
unless you are taking the rock from an established tank it needs time to get up to spec for any livestock. Even though it is live rock it still cycles as it has die off and such.

You need to set up the tank and let it run its course before introducing those fish and such.

I would not set up a nano or any tank with a DSB personally....If you wanted a DSB do it externally via a 5 gal bucket or such.