PDA

View Full Version : changing time increments on remote....

SPotter
01/10/2017, 10:30 AM
I am trying to change the increments from 1hr to 30 mins on my remote and it wont allow me to adjust it. Anyone experience this????

SPotter
01/10/2017, 08:04 PM
never mind....found out you cant do that on the v2.

Ron Reefman
01/11/2017, 03:30 AM
What? I've never tried it, and I don't want to program in twice as many set points as I do now with 1 hour time increments. But the 30 minute set up is in the controller, are you saying it doesn't work? It's 5:30am here and people are sleeping, so I can't test it on my fixtures just yet.

SPotter
01/11/2017, 04:33 AM
I'm with you Ron on programming twice as many set points but want to try something a friend of mine is trying on his AI's where he's reducing intensity at intervals during the day to simulate cloud cover and give the corals some "rest". He's been following a thread on another site where someone else has been doing and has noticed great improvement in overall coral health and growth. I'm going to give it a try by reducing my intensities by 20% every other hour during my peaking photo period and see if I notice a difference.

Ron Reefman
01/12/2017, 02:55 AM
Interesting idea Steve. I'm not sure I buy into it, but it is interesting.

So did you get your lights custom settings to work every 30 minutes yet? I didn't try as I've been swamped with rebuilding our master bathroom and want to get that project done ASAP! I'll try mine today and let you know.

LJLKRL
02/14/2017, 10:09 AM
I was told by Logan there is only 1 hour increments on the V2 fixtures. I like mine to turn off at 10:30 pm so I set the clock 30 minutes off. Otherwise it would turn off at either 10 pm or 11 pm.
I did like the 30 minute increments on the V1 fixture I had.