PDA

View Full Version : blue throats mating?

Anthony357
01/10/2017, 01:41 PM
I have both a male and female blue throat triggerfish in my fish only tank. I noticed them doing this spin around kind of thing the other night as my lights were about to go off (whites were off, just blues for about the last 30 mins)

come to do more research and it seems to be a mating/breeding pattern. Is that accurate? Its the first time ive actually 'seen' them doing it but whose to say its not the first time...Anybody have any insight into what they were probably doing? I wouldn't mind becoming a grandfather if thats what that means...

here is a video i found on youtube of what i saw my pair doing...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xjtYxXH60Q

scooter31707
01/10/2017, 02:20 PM
They actually looks like 2 males. Reason I say that, is both of their tales are yellow and looks like both of their chins are nice blue color. I may be wrong.

Anthony357
01/10/2017, 02:26 PM
this is just a video i found on youtube of the 'behavior' i noticed that was similar to mine. Both of mine have those traits though, although they are together often in my tank and seemed to 'mate'. Most sites show the female with not as blue of a throat and not as yellow of trim around its fins. But i was told when i got these it was a mated pair, and they seem to act like it in my tank, so idk lol

jda
01/10/2017, 04:26 PM
Don't get too excited, you won't likely be able to raise the eggs.

My crosshatches would tear the sandbed apart when they felt frisky - mostly the female by squirting water out of her mouth. I have no idea if anything ever came of it except for a sandstorm that I had to fix. The squirting water was more powerful that I could have ever imagined.

Anthony357
01/10/2017, 08:16 PM
Lol!