PDA

View Full Version : What functions do have set up?

Heckler70
01/11/2017, 05:07 PM
Aside from the out of the box functions PH, Temp etc. What else are you using your controller to do? Here is what I thought of, maybe you have some ideas to share?

I have it set for water change F2
Feed F1
Backup to heater if sticks on, cuts power sends alarm etc.
Warnings for all parameters, Density, temp, PH, Sump Level ETC.

When water level in sump is high, cuts skimmer to prevent skimmer overflow. This also delays skimmer from turning on after main pump was off for feeding, or water change.

Agenda set for system birthday, probe calibrations, Probe replacement Recommended dates.

Dosing pump control.

Would like to add another float for ATO control but haven't got to it yet.

RobbyG
01/26/2017, 12:09 PM
I have it set for water change F2
NOPE I have not done that yet with the Sequence commands.

Feed F1
YES have that working.

USE the heaters own thermostat as a backup. Using the same device to control and as a backup is a bad idea.

Warnings for all parameters, Density, temp, PH, Sump Level ETC.
YES I set that up in the programming.

When water level in sump is high, cuts skimmer to prevent skimmer overflow. This also delays skimmer from turning on after main pump was off for feeding, or water change.
YES Done in programming using multiple float switches. I have 5 in total.

Agenda set for system birthday, probe calibrations, Probe replacement Recommended dates.
YES Done in Agenda. I get probe reminders for cleaning and calibration also reminders to change probes also GFO and Carbon reminders.

Dosing pump control.
YES I am using the Aquatronic Dosing pump for Ca, Alk and Mg.

Would like to add another float for ATO control but haven't got to it yet.
I suggest you add several of them.

Heckler70
01/26/2017, 04:12 PM
USE the heaters own thermostat as a backup. Using the same device to control and as a backup is a bad idea.

I am not using the controller for temp control. Only to cut the power to heater if temp exceeds 80. I am using the heater thermostat at a lower temp.
Plug is always on. I noticed if controller is disconnected the plug stays in its last state with no input from controller or temp input. So if controller locks up or stops working the plug doesn't change states. I didn't want it stuck off or on
if something goes wrong with controller, or power bar relay sticks.

I do have a warning set up if tank gets too cold but no action to plug.

nickjj
01/28/2017, 12:30 PM
I have been using the Touch for years now. On my tank the Touch controls a AQ521-5--140M LED Light which has been working and growing coral pretty good. I am also controlling a Tunze power head with schedules for day and night that adjust the flow at various times.

Use the F buttons to set feed timers to turn off the power head and pumps on occasion depending on what I am feeding.

My tank is only a 40G AIO and I have two power bars controlling everything. Dosing, ATO, alarms, Heater/Fan, Refugium lights, even cabinet lights etc. It's probably overkill but most of the AQ equipment I have been using for over a decade from my 200G setup I shut down.

Robby are you using the AQ LED light you got? I recall you saying you were able to set up an alarm condition to turn on the Red LED's of the light fixture if a parameter was out of whack or something like this.