PDA

View Full Version : Tunze ATO 3155 not working well.

fishtk75
01/12/2017, 05:36 AM
I have my ATO setup to my Apex for feed timer A go off and on and works well.
But now it comes back on and will not stop pumping till it hit the float.
I clean the eye still will not stop. I notice on the leds on the controller the delay for it is more till the pump goes off than when it was new. Now it the controller gone bad?

rvitko
01/12/2017, 09:30 AM
The start up pump run should not change it should be 15 seconds. I have seen issues where switching the unit off and on with a controller causes a loss of memory settings, it seems rapid or harsh switching can erase all the timers, but that does not match the symptoms as this will cause it to go to too low and not fill almost immediately on start up. If it otherwise works normally and this only happens after a switching cycle, my assumption would be that we could be seeing air or a dry sensor causing an additive of the 5 second overfill and 15 second start up fill, that will happen if some bubbles are on the sensor or it is momentarily dry during the start up. Turning the pump speed down is the best fix. I would generally try to avoid switching off the Osmolator, it should be possible to work the sensor positions to avoid this.

fishtk75
01/12/2017, 05:37 PM
The start up pump run should not change it should be 15 seconds. I have seen issues where switching the unit off and on with a controller causes a loss of memory settings, it seems rapid or harsh switching can erase all the timers, but that does not match the symptoms as this will cause it to go to too low and not fill almost immediately on start up. If it otherwise works normally and this only happens after a switching cycle, my assumption would be that we could be seeing air or a dry sensor causing an additive of the 5 second overfill and 15 second start up fill, that will happen if some bubbles are on the sensor or it is momentarily dry during the start up. Turning the pump speed down is the best fix. I would generally try to avoid switching off the Osmolator, it should be possible to work the sensor positions to avoid this.

Okay I changed the speed to nano and on the Apex took it off the feed so it stay on all the time. The only way it will go off if the flood sensor goes off or water change,
Thanks again