PDA

View Full Version : AIPTASIA X + Peppermint's

SALTYwaterDOG
01/12/2017, 09:14 PM
Hello reefers, I recently used some aiptasia x on some aiptasia that seemed to big for the peppermints I had working for me. The aiptasia x did what it's dose.
In the morning I found a couple of dead shrimp. I'm assuming the loss is related. I will be using more caution in the future. Just wanted to share
HAPPY REEFING. :fish1:

schnebbles
01/13/2017, 06:53 AM
My peppermint shrimp don't touch a piece of aiptasia I see in my tank. I won't probably try anything else, hopefully one day they decide to try it!

MMacro
01/13/2017, 10:15 AM
Ive used Aptasia X in the same tank with peppermints in it and have never seen any ill effects. If the shrimp were new it could have been a stress or water quality issue.

PsychoticBeauty
01/13/2017, 11:34 AM
If the rocks with the Aiptasia on them can be removed from the tank with ease you could always burn them off with a cigarette lighter. This only takes a few seconds to do.

Sk8r
01/13/2017, 12:30 PM
I've always suspected peps 'farm' the largest to get the tasty babies.

Str8linespeed
01/13/2017, 02:14 PM
I too have used Aptasia X in the tank with my peppermints. The aptasia was starting to get out of control and I really dont like File fish so I picked up 4 peppermints. I continued to use the Aptasia X on any piece I saw and was just praying that the peppermints would be good farmers. Well it took less than a week and they were going to town on it. My tank is Aptasia free and I have never had a problem using them both together.

On a side note I just picked up 2 frags. Each frag had 1 aptasia on it. I placed them in different spots in my tank and it only took the little guys 1 day to harvest it off. They are efficient!

SALTYwaterDOG
01/13/2017, 04:33 PM
The peppermints that died were in the system for a couple months and seemed healthy. I suspect they ingested some of the aiptasia that were treated with the Aiptasia X.
I have read some of your threads in the past were you have mentioned the aiptasia farming Skater. I think you may right as I have noticed this after reading your post.