PDA

View Full Version : Power Bar Connection Problems

lyall12
01/13/2017, 05:30 AM
I have n ACQ115 based system that I've had for less than a year.

Just before christmas I had to have the powerbar replaced due to a short within it.

Since I installed the new powerbar I've had frequent connection problems.

The first day it had trouble detecting the powerbar and non-usb ports. USB connected probes and devices were picked up by the controller fine. I tried a few resets and power cycles and no luck. Went do bed and next morning everything was connected, so I thought all was good.

Fast forward a week and I lost connection again. The controller won't recognize the powerbar or any non-usb connected devices. USB connected devices and probes work fine.

I tried resets again, I unplugged and pulled battery in controller. Did everything I could think of to force a full reset of the system. But it refuses to recognize the power bar, temp and level probes. I basically have a ph probe, orp probe and expensive power bar at this point, no control function at all.

How can I fix this?

Heckler70
01/13/2017, 04:19 PM
Maybe when power bar shorted it sent some voltage to control head and damaged it?
Have you tried updating firmware even if overwriting same firmware?

Try changing USB cable that connects the two. What happened to the power bar? did it get wet?

The unit appears to have a 24 month warranty. Call tech support or e-mail them if all else fails.

lyall12
01/15/2017, 04:44 AM
Maybe when power bar shorted it sent some voltage to control head and damaged it?
Have you tried updating firmware even if overwriting same firmware?

Try changing USB cable that connects the two. What happened to the power bar? did it get wet?

The unit appears to have a 24 month warranty. Call tech support or e-mail them if all else fails.

Thanks for some ideas. Didn't think of a few of those.

Doesn't look like you can just do firmware on the 115. It's all exe files for download.

I'll have to try and source another M-M usb cable to see if that's the issue. But doubtful as it is communicating.

I have been in touch with the company but haven't had much luck. Was hoping maybe someone on here had gone through similar.

Aquatronica srl
01/17/2017, 07:53 AM
Hi, i didn't get any message on service@aquatronica.com during last 3 days. Where did you ask for technical support?
Moreover, udpating for ACQ115 is available on our website.
Obviously you have to use ACQ222 PC interface to update the control, once you have downloaded the file.
If you need support, do not hesitate to contact a/m email.

lyall12
01/17/2017, 12:13 PM
Hi, i didn't get any message on service@aquatronica.com during last 3 days. Where did you ask for technical support?
Moreover, udpating for ACQ115 is available on our website.
Obviously you have to use ACQ222 PC interface to update the control, once you have downloaded the file.
If you need support, do not hesitate to contact a/m email.

Thanks for responding, I've sent a direct email to service now.