PDA

View Full Version : ESL down right now?

illuminata
01/13/2017, 11:57 PM
Can anyone get it? It doesn't work for me right now (since around 9.30pm) I should have checked before I reset one of my lights, ooops!

perculaclown
01/13/2017, 11:57 PM
Same here! I am very frustrated.

deaclauderdale
01/14/2017, 12:18 AM
I wish they would find a way to notify us when these issues occur. I hate always guessing.

Reef keeping is life!

perculaclown
01/14/2017, 12:22 AM
I just hope they have 24/7 support. I am sure many people are stuck as well.

sil40sx
01/14/2017, 12:55 AM
I wish they would find a way to notify us when these issues occur. I hate always guessing.

Reef keeping is life!

I know right?! How hard it is to compose a simple messsge and send it out like one of their newsletters. I'm sure they have database of peoples email that have ESL accounts. Ugh!

illuminata
01/14/2017, 01:17 AM
Still down. Had to manually unplug my lights ~_~

regent2010
01/14/2017, 01:39 AM
Same here. It's 11:40 pm black Friday! Pacific time

deaclauderdale
01/14/2017, 01:51 AM
I know right?! How hard it is to compose a simple messsge and send it out like one of their newsletters. I'm sure they have database of peoples email that have ESL accounts. Ugh!
Or even have a notice on your website that states that it's down. Hopefully they address this in the future.

Reef keeping is life!

kybreos
01/14/2017, 09:27 AM
Any update from ecotech? or dead silence?

slap
01/14/2017, 09:38 AM
Great, today my 2 radion pro gen 4 get and now strikes the ELS :thumbsup:

perculaclown
01/14/2017, 09:59 AM
Still down!

tqui
01/14/2017, 10:35 AM
Or even have a notice on your website that states that it's down. Hopefully they address this in the future.

Reef keeping is life!

i totally agree--with this type of reputation !!!

rcmike
01/14/2017, 11:36 AM
I've got one of my Radions acting up where it shuts down and the red light comes on. I have it hooked up to my Apex so I don't normally use Ecosmart Live. I found a recommendation to disable LEDs but I can't connect to ESL to do that. :sad2:

hogfanreefer
01/14/2017, 11:47 AM
Still down here, 11:48 CST.

oseymour
01/14/2017, 11:47 AM
I tried connecting today and it's down. I now find out it's been down since yesterday. Very frustrating, not a message, tweet nor anything

This happened at the perfect time, I was actually going to program feed mode on my vectra and vortech pumps - I'll just keep them on the Apex. At least if the web service goes down I can connect locally.

drummerboyevil
01/14/2017, 11:57 AM
Guess it's time to buy the wxm module.

rcmike
01/14/2017, 12:12 PM

I've got one but that won't fix my problem.

oseymour
01/14/2017, 12:20 PM

Not even going to waste my money after I already bought the reeflink.

Just not going to put any important functions such as feed mode on it. I'll stick to programming lights and pumps - They can't screw that up too much.

I have a buddy who got his lights and wanted to program them today - I feel like an a** for recommending radions vs the kessil specifically because of the software and now the service is down.

drummerboyevil
01/14/2017, 12:34 PM
Not even going to waste my money after I already bought the reeflink.

Just not going to put any important functions such as feed mode on it. I'll stick to programming lights and pumps - They can't screw that up too much.

I have a buddy who got his lights and wanted to program them today - I feel like an a** for recommending radions vs the kessil specifically because of the software and now the service is down.

Comparing kessil to radions isn't even close. I don't mean one is better than the other but if you are looking for a similar alternative to radion it's AI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oseymour
01/14/2017, 12:52 PM
Comparing kessil to radions isn't even close. I don't mean one is better than the other but if you are looking for a similar alternative to radion it's AI

It wasn't meant as a comparison. He narrowed his choices down to the AP700 vs the Radions and since I have experience with both so he asked for my opinion.

I myself moved to the Radions G4s about 4 or 5 months ago vs the Kessil AP700. I was running a single AP700 unit and to get decent coverage on a 4 foot tank I had to raise it too high, my wife was complaining about light spillage into the living room. The software for the AP700 is crappy so instead of getting a 2nd one and having software issues linking them together I went with the Radions.

I personally think they both do the job, I like the Radions better because of ESL, linking them together and programming is a breeze. Kessil software has issues - too many to list fully. If I'm programming Radions and for some reason I forget and leave to do something else, after a few minutes it will time out and go back to it's regular programming - not the Kessil it stays in programming mode and the lights stay at the the last point you clicked until you change it. This is more than a year after the lights were out.

drummerboyevil
01/14/2017, 12:54 PM
I prefer this https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170114/6c7894bbcfd8b47aa3b74e137ba6325b.jpg

But my frag tank gets the radion haha

Paul Boutin
01/14/2017, 12:54 PM
http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ecosmartlive.com

aanative
01/14/2017, 01:12 PM
I just got the reeflink last night and it went down as I was setting up. I thought it was a defective unit but I guess it is the website. Funny that I bought it even though there were lots of reliability concerns here...

Mpup
01/14/2017, 01:17 PM
***, Some customer service. Where are you guys ETM? How about an update, I'm leaving town for 7 days, and now I can't do sheet with your POS product.

Anyone know if there's still a client version of their software available?

Extremely disappointed with this product.

Joe LoPresti
01/14/2017, 01:39 PM
Still down out here on the West Coast too as of this minute...
I literally spent an hour last night trying to re-boot by reef link, then my router, my WiFi and my computer before I figured out the site had crashed.
I too am a bit surprised no one at EcoTech is monitoring the situation 24-7, especially given how much their products cost and how dependent they are on the system being functional. I hope this incident opens their eyes...

EcoTech Support
01/14/2017, 02:33 PM
EcoSmart Live is back online and operational. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

perculaclown
01/14/2017, 05:16 PM
I just tried and its up now.

deaclauderdale
01/14/2017, 06:08 PM
EcoSmart Live is back online and operational. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Please place somewhere on the website when an outage like this occurs. It will go a long way in providing your customers (me) a piece of mind.

Reef keeping is life!

dan9960
01/14/2017, 07:29 PM
I'll second deaclauderdale. I own two Radion Gen 2s, and two MP40s, plus a ReefLink. In this community, I'm pretty sure that I'm on the low end of EcoTech equipment ownership. The fact that your EcoSmart Live website was down, really isn't the issue. The fact that you failed to give ANY type of notice and/or update to the status of this outage is THE issue.

perculaclown
01/14/2017, 10:18 PM
I have problems synchonize the clock. It is 8:18 pm now here but ecosmart is showing 11:31 am and I cannot change it.

perculaclown
01/14/2017, 10:28 PM
I have to re adjust the on and off time by 9 hours to correct the problem. Anyone has problems with the time?

illuminata
01/14/2017, 10:56 PM
I have to re adjust the on and off time by 9 hours to correct the problem. Anyone has problems with the time?

I had no issues with my time being off.

perculaclown
01/14/2017, 11:02 PM
I cannot adjust the current time. I am 9:00 pm here but Eco live is showing it as noon. I tried to override but it falls back to 12 noon.

andyos
01/15/2017, 04:14 AM
Please place somewhere on the website when an outage like this occurs. It will go a long way in providing your customers (me) a piece of mind.

Reef keeping is life!

There is an Ecosmart Live status page here http://ecotechmarine.com/esl-status .....last updated in 2013 saying Ecosmart Live is online :confused:

deaclauderdale
01/15/2017, 09:40 AM
There is an Ecosmart Live status page here http://ecotechmarine.com/esl-status .....last updated in 2013 saying Ecosmart Live is online :confused:
Good to know they have it, now it's time for them to properly utilize it. No update since 2013? that's surprising.

Reef keeping is life!

oseymour
01/15/2017, 11:53 AM
Good to know they have it, now it's time for them to properly utilize it. No update since 2013? that's surprising.

Reef keeping is life!

Well the website does say copyright 2014.

"Copyright 2014 EcoTech Marine"

Spiffy
01/17/2017, 08:51 AM
Some of you guys gotta take a chill pill. Your stuff should be running on the programmed settings, and the outages shouldn't be causing major problems. Software and hardware failures happen, and it takes time to troubleshoot issues.

oseymour
01/17/2017, 09:24 PM
Some of you guys gotta take a chill pill. Your stuff should be running on the programmed settings, and the outages shouldn't be causing major problems. Software and hardware failures happen, and it takes time to troubleshoot issues.

Yeah and communication shouldn't be so hard. I was more upset with no notification from Ecotech at all. I had to come here to the forums to really know if it was my system or the entire service was down.

Breadman03
01/17/2017, 11:42 PM

I think simply having a splash page that says "Under Maintenance" would suffice.

andyos
01/18/2017, 04:06 AM

Ecosmartlive looks to be hosted in AWS, there's lots of ways of making sure that's highly available or at absolutely the worst case has an redirect to a "sorry, we're undergoing essential maintenance" etc....