PDA

View Full Version : Cepex ball valve in return elbow?

Virtual Balboa
01/15/2017, 07:50 AM
Would there be anything wrong with installing one of your cepex ball valves into a spigot elbow that is connect to a return line bulkhead? A lot of times I see them installed more in the middle of the return line rather than right at the top. Seems like you could do away with some cutting and gluing by attaching right into an elbow.

RT_BRS
01/17/2017, 01:09 PM
Would there be anything wrong with installing one of your cepex ball valves into a spigot elbow that is connect to a return line bulkhead? A lot of times I see them installed more in the middle of the return line rather than right at the top. Seems like you could do away with some cutting and gluing by attaching right into an elbow.

You could absolutely do that! I think the reason you see them more near the bottom in the stand/sump area, is that's the more accessible spot for most folks.

Virtual Balboa
01/17/2017, 04:40 PM
You could absolutely do that! I think the reason you see them more near the bottom in the stand/sump area, is that's the more accessible spot for most folks.

Great! Thanks

RT_BRS
01/17/2017, 05:41 PM
Great! Thanks

Any time!

MTWiley
01/18/2017, 07:43 PM
Just remember you may need to replace that bulk head at some point so if you use a street elbow and have that right up against the bulkhead it may be difficult to cut where you need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RT_BRS
01/19/2017, 11:19 AM
Just remember you may need to replace that bulk head at some point so if you use a street elbow and have that right up against the bulkhead it may be difficult to cut where you need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a good thing to consider. On top of that, the Cepex ball valve is also a union, so it may make that less of an issue.