PDA

View Full Version : RBTA suddenly moving - A LOT

meverha1
01/15/2017, 10:42 AM
Introduced the RBTA to my tank a little over two months ago and he's seemed fine since then. In fact it's color has done nothing but improve. I feed about once a week but it sometimes grabs brine shrimp, etc... as I'm feeding the rest of the fish in my tank.

Lighting is two Radion G4s. Parameters are normal and have been steady over the course of the last two months, as has the lighting.

Initially the RBTA attached to a rock near the bottom of my tank and moved around a bit on that rock to get into a good position. It stayed that way for well over a month. About two weeks ago it moved to a higher position on the same rock - no problem. I figured it was just adjusting position.

Three days ago the RBTA started moving again and I've woken up to find it in a different position every single morning. It also moves a bit during the day and seems to be climbing up into higher rock work in the tank.

Bottom line, the RBTA suddenly seems to be moving A LOT. Almost constantly. Is this "normal?" Is it just trying to find a happy place? It inflates normally each day and looks healthy.

fishkeeprian
01/15/2017, 03:12 PM
RBTA can spend months in one spot then move they are so unpredictable at times. Have you adjusted the flow or anything like that?. They generally like highlighting so that would explain it moving up your rock work. Just makesure your powerheads are nem proof and if it looks healthy then dont worry.

meverha1
01/16/2017, 10:25 AM
It's moved to a spot almost directly in front of my MP40. He must like the high flow. Should I be worried? I figure it will move to wherever it wants to be.

fishkeeprian
01/16/2017, 03:12 PM
It's moved to a spot almost directly in front of my MP40. He must like the high flow. Should I be worried? I figure it will move to wherever it wants to be.. No they do like high flow just protect you powerhead to stop the nem from get sucked in and sliced up.

meverha1
01/17/2017, 11:07 AM
I guess the question I should ask is:

Is the Anemone smart enough to not bleach itself?

Because it's moved up rather high in my tank and I don't want bleaching to become an issue.