PDA

View Full Version : MP40wQD uncoupling in feeding mode

Kiopino
01/17/2017, 03:36 PM
hi,

i started my tank in May-2016 with new MP40wQD, since this summer when i put the MP40 in feeding mode manually from time to time it would uncouple. Most recently, maybe since september, the problem is more frequent and 100% of the time when i manually put in feedmode it will uncouple.
Since last week, it will uncouple even un schedule feed mode, got home a few time with the wet side on the bottom of the tank.

i use the pad recommanded for my glass thikness.
i cleaned several time all the part to make sure everything was perfectly clean.

any insight how to solve this problem ?

my second MP40 runs perfectly.

Kiopino
01/17/2017, 04:50 PM
i attached picture to show you it's clean and still uncoupling.
only thing i notices vs my other MP40, is the little rust on the metal pin of the impeller.

Alex Y EcoTech
01/18/2017, 09:03 AM
Kiopino,

Thanks for posting and that's a very unusual issue. Please make sure you have the dryside supported using the included hanging tabs. If you continue to have issues beyond that, please contact us directly.

slap
01/18/2017, 10:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O0NFOlIN1A&feature=em-upload_owner :wavehand:

Kiopino
01/19/2017, 08:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O0NFOlIN1A&feature=em-upload_owner :wavehand:

same issue, but only triggering in Feedmode. Some suggested from changing mode.

Thanks for posting and that's a very unusual issue. Please make sure you have the dryside supported using the included hanging tabs. If you continue to have issues beyond that, please contact us directly.

i use the hanging tab. i'm in touch with JR at Ecothech, he suggested to change my wet side and install it on my other MP40 dry side, so far the issue is gone, i did the change yesterday. did not had time to test tonight, will not more investigation tomorrow.

slap
01/20/2017, 02:01 AM
the same here. Only in feed mode

marper331
01/20/2017, 08:47 AM
i just set up 2 new mp40s and the same thing has happened to one of my pumps after feed mode. I have since changed the wave patterns and it hasnt happened again in over a week.