PDA

View Full Version : Wild tortusa frag stn from bottom

abhishek@1985
01/20/2017, 10:02 AM
Hi ,

Got a wild tortusa frag a week back .
It hasn't been doing good and from yesterday , could notice STN from the base and tissues peeling off at the side .
Water parameters pretty normal and everything else doing good .
Now I suspect red bugs but can't find them at all .
It was dipped in Bayers before introduction . But read that sometimes tortusa variants do not take dip that good ..

So the question is should I leave it as it is or dip it ?

Here's the before shot after 1 day in my tank (first pic) and here is it now - you can see it stn from the base (second pic)

Regards,
Abhishek

tang daddy
01/20/2017, 11:22 AM
Perhaps you didn't rinse the Bayer dip off well and it was still on the skin of the acro and rock plug. I haven't personally used bayer but have heard you have to rinse the acro very good or else they can stn.

Pittsburgh
01/20/2017, 11:52 AM
It looks pretty rough on the before shot. Was likely a goner by the time you got it. Bayer, and certainly red bugs, likely have nothing to do with STN in this case.

abhishek@1985
01/20/2017, 12:26 PM
Well, I have given 3 clear baths after bayers . So no way Bayer was left behind as all the rest are doing ok.
I think you guys are right in thinking it was a goner by the time I got it .
Am thinking of leaving it as it is in its own place and hope it bounces back. If the STN continues to spread I might frag it over the STN but doubt that will make it survive as its already stressed enough ..

To add , my ALk had swunge from 7.8-7.9 to 8.2 in 2 days . Don't know if the small change mattered as my other acros didn't show any sign. But may be the wild one didn't cope up so well.

Regards,
Abhishek