PDA

View Full Version : I moved my anemone now I think it is injured

timmybeasy
01/20/2017, 07:59 PM
New to the forum. I just moved anemone because it was dangerously close to the filter. I am running an aqueon 30gallon filter in a 10 gal. Condylactis gigantea was starting to dance around the filter way too close and I started reading blogs about anemones getting sucked up into filters. I am now nervous that I injured it in the move, I used a chopstick and brushed it away. In retrospect I should have been more careful.. It was in a tough spot. Is it okay? It looks to have kinks in its tentacles, but it is reasserting its foot rather quickly. Is it hardy enough for a move like that? Can Anemones get sucked up into filters for real?:headwally::headwally::headwally:

worm5406
01/20/2017, 08:31 PM
To start out welcome to the forums.

YES anemones can get sucked into a powerhead very quickly. I have seen some people who's anemone found the overflow and went down the pipe.

How did you brush it away? Like soft or forceful and you put a hole in it?

If it was floating then it was not happy over something.

Can you describe a bit more?

A picture really helps to show what you are talking about too.

Thanks!!

OrionN
01/21/2017, 09:52 PM
You can't just use a stick and push an anemone away. If you want to move an anemone you have to move the rock that it is on to a different place or else remove him from where he is attached and put home somewhere else. Remove an anemone from the rock will almost all the time result in injury to his foot

timmybeasy
02/13/2017, 03:14 AM
thanks guys. it was fine i over reacted. I gave it up to lfs