PDA

View Full Version : My Little Blue Damsel

Koolaid87
01/22/2017, 01:58 AM
If you've read about this previously it's because I posted about this on my previous Username which either got deleted or forgotten all together. Anyway, about a year ago I moved my blue Damsel to the refugium of my sump or attacking my royal gramma. Many RC users critized me even made claims that it would not have survived. Well I'm happy to say he's been recently placed back into the display tank and doing well. The Royal Gramma has matured now, and the Damsel no longer posses a threat. Thanks again to those who thought I was making a good move, I hope this post may help anyone with a similar misbehaving damsel issue.

Dromon
01/29/2017, 09:19 AM
The hardiness of damsels never cease to amaze me! :fish2:

CrayolaViolence
01/29/2017, 02:45 PM
The only thing that is a threat to damsels are other damsels.

Fissues
01/29/2017, 03:47 PM
The only thing that is a threat to damsels are other damsels.

Yep, they sure are feisty. I was snorkeling in florida and saw a decent size damsel, and I wanted to get closer to it. Well the thing attacked me and even broke skin on my cheek! They are the honey badgers of the fish world.

HoHum
01/29/2017, 07:33 PM
Q similar thing happened to me years ago in Kona, Hawaii when I was snorkeling at a public beach there. Would have to look at my Hawaiian fish books to see what Damsel it was.