PDA

View Full Version : Confused on Tunze Programming

Elricsfate
01/22/2017, 12:30 PM
I am brand new to Apex, brand new to Tunze, and brand new to programming. So I need a little help.

I have two Tunze powerheads running in my tank. I have them controlled by the Apex 2016. I have correctly set it up so that they oscillate. One on, both on, the other on. That works fine.

Now I want to vary the intensity at different times of the day. I was able to use the wizard to do that. However, when I save the intensity variations it appears to wipe out the oscillation commands. The control type changes from powerhead to advanced.

Can someone help me out with doing both?

Thanks.

slief
01/22/2017, 12:39 PM
I use advanced programming and profiles for that stuff. Might I suggest reading this thread in its entirety. There are lots of questions and answers. It will give you lots of insight into doing exactly what you are trying to do as well as setting up profiles and using them in the variable speed outlet programming.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1994312

Elricsfate
01/23/2017, 05:49 AM
I use advanced programming and profiles for that stuff. Might I suggest reading this thread in its entirety. There are lots of questions and answers. It will give you lots of insight into doing exactly what you are trying to do as well as setting up profiles and using them in the variable speed outlet programming.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1994312

Thanks Slief. Helpful, as usual. I have not gotten all the way through the thread yet, but just your first couple of configuration posts have shed some light on how to do this.

I do not do programming, but I am an IT guy. So I sometimes have to read it 3-4 times, but eventually I get what's being said.

I appreciate the several occasions where you've taken the time to provide an actual answer that is actually helpful. I'm moving forward daily with the assistance of people like yourself.

slief
01/25/2017, 01:38 PM
Thanks Slief. Helpful, as usual. I have not gotten all the way through the thread yet, but just your first couple of configuration posts have shed some light on how to do this.

I do not do programming, but I am an IT guy. So I sometimes have to read it 3-4 times, but eventually I get what's being said.

I appreciate the several occasions where you've taken the time to provide an actual answer that is actually helpful. I'm moving forward daily with the assistance of people like yourself.

LOL.. I'm in IT also and like you, I generally read things 3 or 4 times before they finally sink in. I wonder if that is something that comes with the trade??

Always glad to help! :beer: