PDA

View Full Version : My Return to the Reef World

jora
01/22/2017, 05:16 PM
Not really new to the hobby, but returning.

I had a small 30ish Reef tank in 2003/4. I moved to another stated in 2005 and gave away my tank. Then in 2014 I bought a corner tank and started back up!

Well, in 2015 I went out of town and left the tank in the hands of a family member, before I knew it I had hair algae growing and I did my best to correct the issue talking to everyone I knew. By the end of 2015 the tank had crashed and all I had left were my 2 clowns (George and Gracie).
All of 2016 the tank sat in the corner and kinda forgotten about. My husband's health went down hill fast and I fell into a really bad depression. This month I decided to get out of my funk since my husband's transplant is doing well.

I bought a new sofa and I need the corner where the tank lived. I was just going to clean it and moved it. As I was cleaning the rocks I decide to move into the 75 gallon that had been sitting in the garage since July 2014.
Thanks to a very helpful gentleman at my local pet store I have moved George and Gracie and their new friend Bubbles into their new home.
I hope to get my tank back the way it was and help my health get back to were it use to be. I have added what my old corner tank looked like back in June 2014. And my new tank now.

My new lights will be here Wed and power heads will be here tomorrow.
I am testing the water daily and letting it settle before I add my new friends to their new home. I'm going to use my birthday money to buy them! :fish2:
I could use some help stocking the tank.
I do want to add corals to the tank over the year.
(Some of these fish my husband wants and I already have 2 clown fish and 1 Yellow Tang)
I did figure 1 inch per gallon of full size growth. I will happily listen to suggestions on different fish.
Will these fish play well together and do well with my corals as I add them.
My husband wants me to get an anemone but the last one I had died. I was told it was because of the old lights I was running. So I moved to LEDs.

Coral Beauty Angelfish
Banded Sleeper Goby
Tiger Jaw Fish
Diamond Watchman
Red Mandain Dragonet
Fire Fish
Purple Fire Fish
Arrow Crab
Horseshoe Crab
Emerald Crab
Pacific Lettuce Slug
Sand Shifting Star Fish
Shrimp

ericarenee
01/22/2017, 05:44 PM
HI .. Nice tank

Your list.I would skip the dragnet,Horseshoe crab for sure star fish can also tumble work work .'
That 1 inch per gallon rule i do not like .It really depends on the fish your filtration and maintenance

Good Luck

jora
01/23/2017, 06:46 AM
Why not the Dragnet, Horseshoe crab?

Bono
01/23/2017, 11:14 AM
When I first started 25 years ago the rule was one inch per gallon for freshwater and one inch per 10 gallons for saltwater.