PDA

View Full Version : AF Day 3 and Nitrates rising..

CoralNutter
01/24/2017, 05:35 AM
So i have switched to the full AF line about 3 days ago. I have NP pro 2L jug hooked up to my doser dosing 15ml as suggested on package. I am also daily dosing 3 drops of Pro Bio S. I have 300g of ZeoMix in a reactor. I am also Dosing Coral A,B,V,E alternating AV and BE every 2 days. Planning to cut the dose in half for those. My nitrate before running AF was 0 and day 2 went to 1ppm and now day 3 im at 2.5ppm. I would like to know how long the NP pro and Pro Bio S will take to start reducing nutrients. Also wondering if the ZeoMix is similar to KZ Zeolites that need time to cylce before they work fully. Hopefully an AF rep could chime in for me?

My tank is 300L total volume.

Aquaforest
01/25/2017, 07:24 AM
Hello,
Did you use some other probiotic method before Aquaforest?

jpas
01/25/2017, 07:57 PM
Hello,

Hi, are there some issues with switching from another probiotic method to the Aquaforest system? I recently (8 weeks) switched from zeovit. My phosphate & nitrate levels are still a little high. How long should the system take to stabilize? Thanks

CoralNutter
01/26/2017, 04:32 PM
Hello,
Hi sorry no i was only dosing vinegar

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

CoralNutter
01/27/2017, 06:53 AM
Day 6 now and nitrate up to 5ppm should i be increasing the dose after a week if there is decline?

plyle02
01/27/2017, 11:41 AM
Hi,
Do you have biological media in place, like siporax or Life Bio Fil? This helps to create more bio diversity, which aids in biological processing of nutrients. The more you expand, the better the bacteria is at removal. Please ensure the skimmer is set to dry, this can impact the performance of the products, if too wet, you are simply skimming out what you are adding in. If you do not have a large fish population, then zeolite material may not be necessary, but it does not work in the same way as Zeovit, the stones do not require shaking. Please advise, do not add all these things without first observing what each product does. Do not worry over NO3, how are the corals responding? Are they increasing polyp extension? Pro Bio S and NP Pro will work much better if you expand the biological filtration, so Life Bio Fil would be a great addition to help with NO3, as it allows more surface area for bacteria to colonize, but Life Bio Fil works straight away, as the bacteria is pre-seeded in the media. As you should know, nothing good in marine comes quickly :) Cheers

CoralNutter
01/27/2017, 05:30 PM
Hi,
Do you have biological media in place, like siporax or Life Bio Fil? This helps to create more bio diversity, which aids in biological processing of nutrients. The more you expand, the better the bacteria is at removal. Please ensure the skimmer is set to dry, this can impact the performance of the products, if too wet, you are simply skimming out what you are adding in. If you do not have a large fish population, then zeolite material may not be necessary, but it does not work in the same way as Zeovit, the stones do not require shaking. Please advise, do not add all these things without first observing what each product does. Do not worry over NO3, how are the corals responding? Are they increasing polyp extension? Pro Bio S and NP Pro will work much better if you expand the biological filtration, so Life Bio Fil would be a great addition to help with NO3, as it allows more surface area for bacteria to colonize, but Life Bio Fil works straight away, as the bacteria is pre-seeded in the media. As you should know, nothing good in marine comes quickly :) Cheers
Yes I have a bunch of seachem matrix in my sump for extra bio filtration. Yes the polyp extension has increased. So are you telling me that i should not worry about no3 for the time being or in general? Because i thought the goal of these products is to lower them.

ReefKeeper64
01/31/2017, 06:03 AM
With NO3 at 5ppm, you are actually at ideal. 0ppm nitrate causes PO4 to rise and, in general, corals are not as happy. Enjoy your tank and give it time. Everything is fine.