PDA

View Full Version : Queen issue

Paaty
01/28/2017, 01:00 PM
My queen has been hiding in the same spot since yesterday and has not come out to eat. It is hard to see but he may be breathing a little heavily also. He has been in my dt 2.5 weeks and all was going well and before that i had him in quarantine for 3 weeks. I did not treat with with anything as there were zero signs of illness.

I added a juvi emperor angel to my tank 2 days ago which i suspect has caused the issue however i did not see any signs of agression. Emperor same as the Queen was quarantined for 3 weeks and also i did not have to treat with anything.

My parameters are using seifert test kits

Ammonia less than 0.15 for sure could be 0 hard to tell.
Nitrite 0
Nitrate about 35

Has anyone ever experienced this behaviour with a queen? Any sugestions? Should i try to remove the queen or maybe the emperor? Only other fish in this 300g are 2 clowns. However i do have 5 tanks in my sump waiting to go back in my dt.

alton
01/28/2017, 06:14 PM
Remove the imp back to qt, and see what happens

jda
01/29/2017, 05:10 PM
If they are not fighting, then I would let it play out. It might just be sulking. If it does not want to eat in another week, then I might get more worried.

scooter31707
01/30/2017, 09:10 AM
IMO, angels should always be treated even if it's preventative measures. They are known to come in with flukes. Also for future reference, 3 weeks is not long enough, IMO.