PDA

View Full Version : Bubble King 1000 pump dead.

kipper31
01/29/2017, 01:44 AM
Had my second bk pump die,only 2 years old.First one lasted 3 months.Pump starts runs fine but stops after a couple minutes.In about 30 minutes goes throu the same routine.Pumps been regualy clean and no friction.Bearing especialy.Im soaking it in vinegar.Is the block completely dead or is there something im missing.All parts look clean but maybe theres build up.Any help appreciatted.

slief
01/29/2017, 08:46 AM
Had my second bk pump die,only 2 years old.First one lasted 3 months.Pump starts runs fine but stops after a couple minutes.In about 30 minutes goes throu the same routine.Pumps been regualy clean and no friction.Bearing especialy.Im soaking it in vinegar.Is the block completely dead or is there something im missing.All parts look clean but maybe theres build up.Any help appreciatted.

I would remove the bearing and inspect it closely. It's very important to make sure the bearing is inserted in the proper orientation. Installing it upside down or at an angle will cause issues like you are experienceing. Also make sure that the end of the impeller shaft below the magnet is good and clean and shiny. Some steel wool or a scotch brite pad will help with that. Lastly, check the magnet and make sure it's not spinning or moving on the shaft. Your experience with these pumps is very strange. These pumps tend to be bulletproof with proper maintenance. Also, when the pump dies, it normally will only spin for a second or two and then shut off. Running for a couple minutes leads me to wonder if there is an assembly issue on your end.

Post 2 of this thread show the correct bearing positioning.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2573406

kipper31
01/29/2017, 10:05 PM
Thanks Slief I've sent you a PM
Bearing defently 100% fitted correctly so got me stumped.