PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe 200 Adjustments

Overboard
01/29/2017, 08:43 PM
Hi!

Received my Deluxe 200 with the RD3. Well built and it is absolutely silent! Really impressive. These RD3 pumps are so quiet, no one ever complains about aquarium noise any more.

The skimmer has only been running for 24 hours, after soaking the skimmer body in water/vinegar overnight. The water level of the sump is almost exactly 8.75 inches. I believe I also have the riser at the lowest level and the dots are aligned so it should be 100% open. I am sure it will take some time to break in, but have a couple of questions and I cannot find the answers in the manual.

There were two nozzle parts (I think) and it seemed like one slid inside the other to provide a slight extension towards the pin wheel. Do I have that right?

When I increase the wattage on the controller, say to 30, after the adjustment, a lower number is displayed, 25. Can you explain this to me please?

Thanks for the help!

Mark

slief
01/29/2017, 09:00 PM
Hi!

Received my Deluxe 200 with the RD3. Well built and it is absolutely silent! Really impressive. These RD3 pumps are so quiet, no one ever complains about aquarium noise any more.

The skimmer has only been running for 24 hours, after soaking the skimmer body in water/vinegar overnight. The water level of the sump is almost exactly 8.75 inches. I believe I also have the riser at the lowest level and the dots are aligned so it should be 100% open. I am sure it will take some time to break in, but have a couple of questions and I cannot find the answers in the manual.

There were two nozzle parts (I think) and it seemed like one slid inside the other to provide a slight extension towards the pin wheel. Do I have that right?

When I increase the wattage on the controller, say to 30, after the adjustment, a lower number is displayed, 25. Can you explain this to me please?

Thanks for the help!

Mark

Can you post a picture of the 2 nozzle parts? I think that part you are referring to is actually for the feed line on the pump where it connects to the skimmer and is used for the Supermarin 250 so that the pump an slide into the silicone tube. That pump is used on a couple different skimmer models and that part you are referring to is included in the box and not necessary used on your skimmer.

As for the pump speed, when you press the button, to adjust the speed, the first number is the estimated wattage and the second is the actual wattage. Go based on actual wattage. You are aiming for 28-32 watts and the lower end of that range is generally best. If it were me, I'd start at 28 actual watts.

Overboard
01/29/2017, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the assistance!

The two "nozzle" parts are pictured. The smaller can fit in the larger, but that may just be coincidence.

Thanks!
Mark

slief
01/29/2017, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the assistance!

The two "nozzle" parts are pictured. The smaller can fit in the larger, but that may just be coincidence.

Thanks!
Mark

Yep. Just coincidence. That part is included with that model RD3 skimmer pump and goes in the silicone tube between the pump and the SM250 as the SM250 uses larger diameter silicone input tubing. That adapter allows the RD3 pumps output connection to fit into the larger ID tube on the bigger skimmer. Just disregard that piece.

Overboard
01/29/2017, 11:26 PM
Thanks Scott!