PDA

View Full Version : 36" light FS - 2x150hqi, 4x39 T5 - cheap! need gone!

acro-ed
01/31/2017, 10:34 AM
Hi,

I have a 36" Current USA Outer Orbit light fixture for sale. These used to sell for $500 years ago; obviously times have changed, but T5 is still a great lighting option and the small HQI halides give you a great shimmer and a little PAR punch without tons of heat. LED might be the wave of the future, but this fixture has grown a LOT of coral (everything from softies to SPS has done awesome with this).

I am only asking $100 for this, for a couple reasons.:

The bulbs are all older but still work (still growing coral right now; I can send pics), but will need to be replaced soon. The LED moon lights don't work anymore (they were kind of gimmicky anyway). The glass splash covers for the MH are there, but the plastic T5 ones are not. This has never been a problem for me, and I have it mounted very low, but for full disclosure they are missing. You could have the hardware store cut some 1/8" plexi strips to fit, but I never bothered. The fixture is older and could use a shot of spray paint if you want it to look perfect.

Some nice things about this setup:

The ballasts are enclosed inside the fixture and are electronic. Some other older fixtures you still have heavy ballasts sitting somewhere else with wires; this is all enclosed.

2x Phoenix 14k 150w HQi bulbs (imo this is the best value for color and PAR in a 150 bulb)

4x ATI 39w T5 bulbs (If I remember correctly it is 2x Blue+, 1 True Actinic, 1 coral+; will verify for you, but they all function fine and has good color blend)

I've been using this off and on over my two frag tanks. I am now (finally) taking this system down entirely and downsizing, otherwise I would keep this; it's been a great light.

I will entertain trades, but I'm really looking for an easy cash deal.

$100

PM for pics.