PDA

View Full Version : Plz Help...MAJOR QUESTION...FISHY LIVES ARE AT STAKE

Ak75713
02/01/2017, 04:44 PM
Hi,
this is my first post. i had a question about a yellow tang i bought. see it came in the mail yesterday it was an over night delivery and when i got it the fish looked fine but the wierd thing is that the water in the bag the tang was in was yellow was it suppose to be like that...do yellow tangs let go toxins or something? well anyway i did the stuff as the direction in the mail said to do to get it ready for the tank i let the tank water slowly drip in the box i had the fish in and after 3 hours i took a net and took him out and put him in his new home..the water looks fine i just want to knowshould i be concerned if my tanks water turns yellow or all my fish die all of a sudden.
thanks for the help if someone actually replies...bye,thanks
:fish2::fish1:

taguluchi
02/01/2017, 04:58 PM
I used to buy fish and put them straight in the display tank but I had a yellow eye like tang added him and he came down with ich so I had to set up a quarantine tank and treat for ich, so now I quarantine everything. Tangs can come down with ich easier than other species of fish just keep an eye on them at this point what's gonna happen is gonna happen if it even does we all learn as we go in this great hobby if you see something your not sure of just take a pic with your phone and post it up and somebody will be able to help good luck hope everything turns out fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

taguluchi
02/01/2017, 05:00 PM
I meant I had a yellow eye kole tang

Ak75713
02/01/2017, 05:03 PM
cool but i'll have to check if i have a pic of it when i got it in the mail

taguluchi
02/01/2017, 05:04 PM
Where did you order the fish from?

Ak75713
02/01/2017, 05:13 PM
saltwaterfish.com

Ak75713
02/01/2017, 05:17 PM
i have a pic of the water when it was getting diluted from the tanks water from the dripper but i don't know how to attach an image from my computer

d-man
02/01/2017, 05:17 PM
It's probably a shipping medication. Don't add that water to your tank.
Best to QT the tang anyway, especially coming from saltwaterfish.com

taguluchi
02/01/2017, 05:19 PM
i have a pic of the water when it was getting diluted from the tanks water from the dripper but i don't know how to attach an image from my computer

I've always done it from my phone son I'm not sure how to do it from a computer

Ak75713
02/01/2017, 05:20 PM
i didn't and ok...but all the other fish i bought that came with it had normal clear water except for the tang..the water was as yellow as the fish why would they add medication to one fish but not the others

taguluchi
02/01/2017, 05:22 PM
You should call them I checked out there website and you can call till 9pm est I would tell them and ask them about that yellow water I've never seen or heard of that happening but they may put something in the water for shipping purposes

Ak75713
02/01/2017, 05:23 PM
ok i'll do that thanks for the help and advice

Ak75713
02/01/2017, 05:26 PM
ok i posted a picture on my program under albums if you want you can look at it but the water is diluted a lot compared to what it was and i have the other fish in there that i got that day with the tang getting ready for the transition to the tank

taguluchi
02/01/2017, 05:32 PM
Let us know what they say I'm curious why that water was yellow

Ak75713
02/01/2017, 05:33 PM
ok i will...i'll let everyone know when someone actually picks up

tenurepro
02/01/2017, 06:03 PM
It's most likely meds they put in... several LFS around here add a med that turns water yellowish. If the fish is alive, acclimate and add him into the qt... don't transfer yellow water.... also never eat yellow snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sarens
02/01/2017, 07:58 PM
I learned the hard lesson a few years ago, ALWAYS QT, even if fish is totally healthy the acclimation process is so much easier on the fish, not trying to lecture at all, just sharing my amazement at the difference it made on fish survival