PDA

View Full Version : Apex ATO settings

lj1064a
02/02/2017, 10:00 AM
I have a 1200gal and the ato is coming on about 30 times a day. Is there anyway to add a command to when on to run for a specific amount of time? Would like to cut down on the number of times it cycles. Here is what I have so far. Do I need to create two virtual outlets? This is just off of the BO box.

Fallback OFF
If SW2 CLOSED Then ON
If SW2 OPEN Then OFF
If SW3 OPEN Then OFF

I would also like to add a line for the leak detectors to work with the ato.

any coding suggestions would be appreciated. I've looked in the forum and google just not finding anything.

Thanks

lj

jacksonpt
02/02/2017, 11:48 AM
First, I don't think you'd want the ATO set to run for a minimum amount of time... as it'll be adding more water than is necessary. That may not matter on your system, but is just a bad idea in principle.

What I would do, rather than setting a minimum run time once it's turned on, I'd set a minimum OFF time, once it turns off. It's basically the reverse of what you wanted to do. I assume those are float switches off your BOB? I don't use a BOB, but I would think the logic would be the same... just add the following to the end of your ATO outlet code and you should be fine -

Min Time 030:00 Then OFF

That will allow the outlet to turn off as you want it to, but it will force it to stay off for a minimum amount of time (30 minutes, in this case). You can change that value to suit you needs/system.

Alternatively you could set a time window(s) where the ATO was defaulted to off, to prevent some of the cycling, but I think the previous option is better.

cardiffgiant
02/07/2017, 09:40 AM
When I did fresh water top off and kalk from separate pumps I had the kalk pump set up to top off 1 gallon per day on 12 fixed intervals and my fresh water to turn on when a float switch was too low. My total evaporation was between 1.5-2 gallons per day, so my ATO didn't have to go on as often.