PDA

View Full Version : Bluefish controller with kessil

Dans85
02/03/2017, 11:46 AM
I'm considering buying their combo that's in sale for $499. Has anyone used this setup? Kessil says that their lights aren't capable of moonlighting, but the way bluefish advertises it it seems like you can have kessils and moonlighting with their combo.

timnem70
02/03/2017, 12:06 PM
The Tuna Blue Kessil A360we works great for my 30gallon softy tank. Tuna Blue is NOT referring to the color it is a play on words and is tune able. He's right. Kessil has no real "moonlight" setting bit you can with the spectral controller put the blue at 100% and intensity at 2%. Without the controller the light will not activate until 15%intensity. I believe Kessil limits full color manipulation (like Radions etc.) Because it's kind of like a mad scientist when you play with all the color spectrums. Some get it just right but others fry thier corals unintentionally because a lot of the spectrum we cannot see is prevalent and we think, "this light doesn't look as bright or intense as my other light". LEDs being a relatively new technology for our hobby should be used with care and follow manufacturers recommendations (how good the tank looks may not be the optimal UV intensity for corals. Since we can't see some of those wavelengths with the naked eye)for use until you and your corals get used to it. This is just my personal experience. I also supplement with T5 for POP.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

timnem70
02/03/2017, 12:09 PM
Oh. Never saw that Bluefish controller. Seems like the same thing as Kessils trademarked Spectral controller. Same price and apparently same functionality. Thought you misprinted and we're talking about the Tuna Blue name.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dans85
02/03/2017, 01:05 PM
I do like the way they have the control portion of their lights which is a big reason that I'm going with them. They're a little more fool proof than most others. I do remember seeing a post quite a while back where someone made diy halos that surrounded the light for moonlighting. I think I'll look into that. I would use a standard strip light, but they are going on a rimless tank with no canopy.

ksicard
02/03/2017, 01:47 PM
I use blue fish controllers on all my DIY lights. They are awesome light controllers and they dont ever have issues with connectivity and etc... They are right now about to add a lot of functionality into their programming and its going to be even better soon. The new update is free and your bluefish should automatically install it. Totally worth it.

Darryl Hey
02/06/2017, 11:21 PM
i have the blue fish on all my tanks and it operates great with the kessils.
the local weather feature is great as well