PDA

View Full Version : Peppermint Shrimp vs Reef Glue

ArtsyAxolotl
02/05/2017, 11:57 AM
Literally every time I have to glue something down in my tank (either because it fell down or because it's new) I have to keep an eye on my 3 peps because if I don't pay attention, one of them always comes up and starts picking at the wet glue. These cute little dummies just love sticking their feet in wet glue. And of course when it inevitably gets onto their graspy hands, they swim around in a panic rubbing their legs on everything trying to get it off.

It doesn't seem to hurt them and I know there's nothing I can do until they molt again. It's just a little funny and thought I'd share XD

Anyone else have this happen to their reef inhabitants? Or have any "helpers" who like to get in the way while you work?

ChrisQ
02/05/2017, 01:01 PM
I would welcome them gluing themselves like those sticky rat traps for trying to eat my chalices. :p

ArtsyAxolotl
02/05/2017, 11:23 PM
Lol yea, sometimes I wish they weren't so hungry all the time. I've been having trouble with them picking the skin off one of my gorgonians and annoying my frogspawn. At least they calm down for an algae pellet.