PDA

View Full Version : APEX - Radion X30 Setup Question

SaltmanBasssa
02/05/2017, 05:16 PM
I have my new pair of RadionX30's plugged in to the APEX (outlet 1 and 2), and are both ON (so they work!).

They both appear in FUSION, I've renamed them and set an "on/off" schedule. However, I do not see the more advanced graph or scheduler for specific manipulating.

For what its worth, I was UNABLE to download the ECOTECH Live Connection Manager on my MAC and control the units there, either. Must I find a way to do that first?

Any thoughts?

thanks-!

luvreefs23
02/05/2017, 08:46 PM
There's not going to be an advanced schedule by plugging them in to the outlets. If you want them to be controlled by the apex you need a wxm module

Breadman03
02/06/2017, 01:09 AM
There's not going to be an advanced schedule by plugging them in to the outlets. If you want them to be controlled by the apex you need a wxm module

Correct. Having them plugged into the physical outlets will allow you to simply control whether or not they are receiving power. In order to control their programming, you have three options that I'm aware of:

WXM
Connection Manager with USB cable to Mac or PC
ETM Reeflink

Do you have a WXM or Reeflink?

SaltmanBasssa
02/06/2017, 07:32 AM
Guys - sorry, neglected to mention that I do have the WXM hooked up.

The outlet is on/off and the "virtual outlets" are saying "missing" - which to me implies that they aren't communicating with the Radions. Which is strange, since they appear.

If the virtuals would run the program I installed we'd be in good shape.

Any clue how to get those virtuals "online" and reacting with the radions?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luvreefs23
02/06/2017, 07:37 AM
If these radions are used or have been set up with a connection manager previously they will need to be factory reset to connect to wxm. I had to do that but for some reason wxm still had hard time connecting.. maybe interference or it was a little to far away I'm not sure. I ended up just using the connection manager

luvreefs23
02/06/2017, 09:21 AM
If these radions are used or have been set up with a connection manager previously they will need to be factory reset to connect to wxm. I had to do that but for some reason wxm still had hard time connecting.. maybe interference or it was a little to far away I'm not sure. I ended up just using the connection manager

azsoccerpop
02/13/2017, 02:02 PM
I went through a number of steps to finally get my used radions working with the WXM. 1st thing is to connect them up to a computer using the USB and Echotech connection software and reset the lights to factory as well as upgrading them to the latest firmware.
I had to remove the "missing" outlets both in the local web interface and Fusion. And then I removed the WXM module and unplugged it from the Control unit to start everything fresh. After a restart of the controller I plugged the WXM back in and I had to push new firmware to the WXM a few times with a few restarts before it showed the correct firmware for the module. At that point I plugged in the lights and and reset the Radion using the WXM after which I connected.