PDA

View Full Version : Tunze calcium dispenser actual diameter

adtravels
02/07/2017, 08:53 AM
Hi, in the manual the diameter is stated as 5.5 inches, on the web, marine depot I can see it is quoted as 3 1/4".

The reason I ask is I have a thin glass chamber built onto the end of my sump for a to and wish to put the calcium dispenser in it.
The chamber is about 4 1/2 inches wide!

Thanks for any help.

rvitko
02/07/2017, 10:10 AM
The diameter of the dispenser is 3.25", however, with the mounting bracket assembled and installed it is 5.5". This product is meant to mount in your top off reservoir, it only works with the Osmolator and will go in the reservoir with your pump and top off water. It should not be installed in the sump.

adtravels
02/08/2017, 09:18 AM
[IMG]http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=11289&pictureid[IMG]

The ro chamber is on the left side as shown

rvitko
02/08/2017, 09:53 AM
The link is not working for me, if you have a space of 3.25 by 5.5 it will work.

MarineDepot
02/08/2017, 10:31 AM
Hi, in the manual the diameter is stated as 5.5 inches, on the web, marine depot I can see it is quoted as 3 1/4".

The reason I ask is I have a thin glass chamber built onto the end of my sump for a to and wish to put the calcium dispenser in it.
The chamber is about 4 1/2 inches wide!

Thanks for any help.

Rvitko is correct. The dispenser capsule has a width of 3.25" where the 5.5" is with the addition of the mounting bracket.

adtravels
02/08/2017, 07:02 PM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=11289&pictureid=77020

apologies, final qu

Will it free stand without the bracket.

rvitko
02/09/2017, 09:28 AM
It could but it may be problematic as it will tend to float, especially when it is first started and after service when it has some air inside.

adtravels
03/05/2017, 09:47 PM
Ok, I got my dispenser and it fitted really well, very easy.

I do have a dosing issue that has caused me to stop using it for now though. I dose two part and had it dialed in perfectly, the calcium dispenser with 3tsp of Kalk in it then topped off for a day and raised my alk by a whole DKH point from 9 to 10.

It had a great effect on PH though. but it could have caused havoc with my alk if i left it on.

I realise it will take some tinkering but I was wondering what the advice with proceeding is?

Would it be best to shut off my dosers and see if the Kalk will maintain alk and calcium and then start dosing from there?

My 5.5 gallon reservoir empties every 10-12 days depending upon aircon and fans.

Thanks for any input

rvitko
03/06/2017, 10:51 AM
It is very difficult to use kalk and 2 part together in my experience. The kalk is mainly an alkalinity supplement and is a very weak source of calcium. You could switch to kalk and calcium gluconate but thesis its own potential issues and would be a relearning of dosages. Otherwise I would halve the dose of kalkwasser and scale back the 2 part by about 10% and give that a try, I would wait until the levels drop.

adtravels
03/07/2017, 08:56 AM
Ok, cheers. I am thinking about a calcium reactor any way but will have a play.

rvitko
03/07/2017, 09:24 AM
The ideal is a calcium reactor and kalkwasser, the kalk will bind any free CO2 and raise the pH, they work very well together.