PDA

View Full Version : ATO/AWC with Apex

MikeSny
02/10/2017, 09:44 AM
Hello Everyone. I am new to the site and had some questions on how to setup my ATO with RO/DI and AWC. I am looking for specific solenoids/float valves that will work with the Apex controller that I will be purchasing.

I would like to plump the RO/DI off the cold valve from laundry room. Then it would fill holding tank. I feel this would be simple, but want to confirm how to plumb and what product to use so this is fully automated with Apex. Thanks in advance!

ryeguyy84
02/10/2017, 03:04 PM
Avast marine makes a normally closed solenoid valve that you plug into an apex outlet. from there you could use a float switch wired to the apex breakout box that would trigger the solenoid valve to open and fill your holding tank. I would use 3 float switches one for low level, one for filled level and one mounted slightly higher as an emergency shut off.

this way your RODI isn't filling small amounts so your DI resin will last longer and the emergency float will at least stop the flow if the high switch gets stuck.

scuzy
02/10/2017, 03:24 PM
Better to use a masterflex with dual heads. Whatever it takes out it puts back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeSny
02/10/2017, 04:52 PM
Thanks ryeguyy84, I will look into the avast marine solenoid switches. Its good that it is normally closed unless under power to prevent issues. From what i read this has a 12v power supply so I would just connect it to the EB8 (power strip) and control the on/off depending how the float switch was positioned.

Scuzy, I thought about doing this with a dual head but seem pricey and wasn't sure if the water could flow in the sump and out of the sump because of where the dual heads would be. I am planning on putting the holding tanks in the garage and feeding the 1/4 tubing from there up to the attic then down to the sump under the tank. My initial plan was to just use a cheaper apex pump and convert the outlet down to 1/4 tubing. One pump would be in the sump and the other in the holding tank. One pumping out and the other in. All controlled by the apex.

ryeguyy84
02/10/2017, 07:52 PM
I missed the part about the AWC, I agree with the dual heads in that case. I thought it was just an ato with an auto reserve fill.