PDA

View Full Version : What corals will a raccoon butterfly eat?

mfinn
02/12/2017, 12:50 PM
I'm curious as to what exactly have you seen a raccoon butterfly eat?

AwesomeDavid
02/12/2017, 04:17 PM
To make this simple: all of them. They eat corals in the wild, they eat corals in your tank. I am not very experienced and I have not had one, but if you put a fish with it's natural food, it will eat it. Maybe it would not eat unpalatable soft corals, and a internet search concludes that they might not eat SPS, but I would not keep it with any other corals.

laga77
02/12/2017, 05:08 PM
All for them. Right after he's has eaten all of the aptasia.

mfinn
02/12/2017, 05:25 PM
To make this simple: all of them. They eat corals in the wild, they eat corals in your tank. I am not very experienced and I have not had one, but if you put a fish with it's natural food, it will eat it. Maybe it would not eat unpalatable soft corals, and a internet search concludes that they might not eat SPS, but I would not keep it with any other corals.

I know they eat corals.
I am asking for people with experience with specific corals.

scooter31707
02/13/2017, 10:13 AM
IME, leathers, zoas, polyps, and some sps. Along with them, a featherduster and some inverts.

mfinn
02/13/2017, 10:17 AM
IME, leathers, zoas, polyps, and some sps. Along with them, a featherduster and some inverts.

you saw this?

scooter31707
02/13/2017, 11:45 AM
you saw this?

Yes, in my tank. I tried another one and he only went after soft tissue LPS, like elegance, Duncan, acans. Left SPS and softies alone.

mfinn
02/13/2017, 12:18 PM
Yes, in my tank. I tried another one and he only went after soft tissue LPS, like elegance, Duncan, acans. Left SPS and softies alone.

Thanks.
Now if I could only find one that would leave the leathers alone and soft tissue lps alone he could have the rest.
I have the worst case of pink tip majanos in my 240 that I have ever seen.
My file fish and cbb haven't tried them after more than a year. Several years with the cbb.
And for those of you that want to say to use one aiptasia product or another, don't bother. There are too many of them.