PDA

View Full Version : Gfo and the package

rustyjames
02/13/2017, 10:27 PM
I'm curious about running Gfo with TBS rock. Assuming a light to medium bioload with weekly water changes would Gfo help or be detrimental to the sponges and gorgs?

Btw, Richard, your rock is awesome. Maybe someday. Plus, you have one of coolest jobs anyone could hope for.

liverock
02/14/2017, 04:35 AM
Yo

can't help with that as in 44 years of doing this I have never used any additives...the real live rock and sand has always done the job needed for me!

sea ya
Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

Professor Sweat
02/14/2017, 01:22 PM
Yo

can't help with that as in 44 years of doing this I have never used any additives...the real live rock and sand has always done the job needed for me!

sea ya
Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

I've added about ten hard corals (LPS and SPS) to my tank since cycling with the package and I've yet to detect an Alk or Calcium swing that went outside of acceptable levels. I'm thinking your sand has something to do with that stability. Not to mention my nitrates never going over 10ppm and consistently low phosphates as well. Gotta love all that good bacteria. There's a saying in the sustainable farming industry that goes "Biodiversity is bio-security" and I think that principle is well represented by your product.

liverock
02/14/2017, 01:28 PM
I've added about ten hard corals (LPS and SPS) to my tank since cycling with the package and I've yet to detect an Alk or Calcium swing that went outside of acceptable levels. I'm thinking your sand has something to do with that stability. Not to mention my nitrates never going over 10ppm and consistently low phosphates as well. Gotta love all that good bacteria. There's a saying in the sustainable farming industry that goes "Biodiversity is bio-security" and I think that principle is well represented by your product.

Thanks .....same thing here also in my holding system...I don't grow corals, but there are some on the aquacultured live rock and they do very well under just T5 lights in the shop....truthfully, I have never checked any parameters of my system water as my mantra has always been, if it looks happy...it is happy...don't mess with it!

And my system is always happy.....

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com :bounce1: