PDA

View Full Version : Elegance Coral help

Melusina
02/18/2017, 03:33 AM
I recently (month or so) bought an aquacultured Elegance Coral from Live Aquaria, placed in the tank out of direct path of lights, low flow, etc. Was doing great for a week or so, then noticed it was significantly smaller. Seemed to improve and was opening up well - then noticed that my large (gigantic) gold striped maroon clown was fanning sand on it... she had apparently decided to move closer all of a sudden. So fanned the sand off and she kept doing it - came in soon after and she had bitten off a piece of the elegance and was picking it up and spitting it out...over and over again. Moved the Elegance to the other end of the tank (six foot 225 gallon) and damned if she didn't do it again. This was about two days ago. Not knowing what else to do, moved the coral to my refugium in the sump which has a small LED fixture over the glass... works for the chaeto, but no idea how strong or weak it really is. Not much movement. Anyway, now the coral is looking really sick... retracts completely when the lights are out and when the light is on swells and gets very puffy with no tentacle extension at all. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really irritated with the clown, but don't want to get rid of her as I've had the she devil for about 8 or 9 years. :mad2: