PDA

View Full Version : are my rocks ready to be used?

evolutionZ
02/20/2017, 09:57 PM
Hi guys, need some advice here. im the OP for the below thread:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2622950

So its been 2 week since the rocks are treated and are currently cycling. i have added some siphorax and LR rubbles that is transferred from the main tank to seed the tank, i also dosed 1 drop of AF Pro Bio S. 3 days ago, my ammonia was 0.15, n03 was about 2.I then proceed to pour some liquid coral food that is mainly rotifers (food for the bacteria or any pods) and today (3 days later) i tested the ammonia and it was 0, nitrate raised up to 5ppm. am i safe to say the rocks are cycled?

Po4 is still an issue however, as im using NYOS test kit, it was only able to test up to 1ppm, the water was MUCH bluer then the 1ppm color when i tested 3 days ago. i dumped in 400ml of AF Phosphate minus into a filter bag and placed it infront of the wavemaker in the tub, and 3 days later, it tested 0.4ppm!

I probably will leave the rocks to cycle in the tub for another 2 weeks before transfering them to my main tank.

tkeracer619
02/20/2017, 10:13 PM
I'd say you are well on your way! They are likely ready to go.

Keep hitting that phosphate.

evolutionZ
02/21/2017, 05:40 AM
Thanks! i've gone through your thread and ur details are amazing! too bad i couldn't find any lanthanum chloride in my country and have to stick to using phosphate minus!