PDA

View Full Version : C02 Scrubber on a Vertex Omega 150

Elricsfate
02/21/2017, 06:53 AM
Hi,

I have the Omega 150 and the BRS Co2 scrubber.

The scrubber came with 3/8 tubing. The skimmer uses larger tubing/nipples. Looks like maybe 1/2, but I am not sure and cannot find that info.

If I am not mistaken, the ports on the scrubber are 1/2 right? So I could order a half inch MNPT/Barb, remove the currently installed fitting and install the new one and then connect the line from the venture directly to the scrubber?

BTW, do you guys happen to know for sure if the Omega 150 venture line is in fact 1/2 as I suspect?

The ozone line is smaller, and looks like it may be 3/8. But the air line is definitely larger.

Elricsfate
02/22/2017, 12:45 PM
Hi,

I have the Omega 150 and the BRS Co2 scrubber.

The scrubber came with 3/8 tubing. The skimmer uses larger tubing/nipples. Looks like maybe 1/2, but I am not sure and cannot find that info.

If I am not mistaken, the ports on the scrubber are 1/2 right? So I could order a half inch MNPT/Barb, remove the currently installed fitting and install the new one and then connect the line from the venture directly to the scrubber?

BTW, do you guys happen to know for sure if the Omega 150 venture line is in fact 1/2 as I suspect?

The ozone line is smaller, and looks like it may be 3/8. But the air line is definitely larger.

36 views, no answers. Am I the only person on the forum that has both the BRS co2 scrubber and a vertex Omega? Really?

Randy_BRS
02/22/2017, 04:45 PM
Hey there! Sorry for the delay here.

Unfortunately, I don't have an open one available here otherwise, I would find out for you personally. Let me reach out to our Vertex rep to see if he can answer those specific details for us!

-Randy

Elricsfate
02/23/2017, 05:47 AM
Hey there! Sorry for the delay here.

Unfortunately, I don't have an open one available here otherwise, I would find out for you personally. Let me reach out to our Vertex rep to see if he can answer those specific details for us!

-Randy

No problem.

How about the scrubber ports? Those are half inch right? So if the intake line on the vertex is in fact 1/2 in I can just buy a 1/2x1/2 male/barb fitting and use that to connect them?

Thanks

Randy_BRS
02/23/2017, 11:13 AM
Straight from the source!

The silicone airline tubing is 13mm OD (1/2″) and 8mm ID (5/16″) and the ozone safe PE tubing is 8mm OD (5/16″) and 5mm ID (3/16″).

-Randy

Elricsfate
02/23/2017, 12:02 PM
Interesting. I can tell you for a fact, the 3/8 tubing that came with the reactor will not fit over the nipple on the intake. Not the silicone, the air intake. I've tried it several times now. And if my math is correct, 3/8=6/16, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

I appreciate you checking though.