PDA

View Full Version : Radion xr30 Coverage

bshow24
02/24/2017, 12:34 AM
I'm looking to upgrade my tank to 36 x 24 x 20, and am wondering if my Radion xr30 with wide angle lenses would be able to cover it at 9 inches about the water. I am also going to try and retrofit some t5 lights for supplementation, but the biggest source will be my radion, so I'm hoping it will cover.

dendrite
02/24/2017, 08:18 AM
that sounds wildly optimistic. It would be interesting to hear what ecotech responds with , but I would bet a minimum of two and maybe three. I have 5 over a 72 inch tank and am pretty happy. There is still significant edge fall off on the sides but little shadowing centrally. Your supplemental t-5's should help

rtparty
02/24/2017, 08:25 AM
Not at 9". Maybe at like 20" and you'd have terrible shading issues. That tank really needs 2 at a minimum. Could be more depending on what you plan to stock

Alex Y EcoTech
02/24/2017, 10:20 AM
I'm looking to upgrade my tank to 36 x 24 x 20, and am wondering if my Radion xr30 with wide angle lenses would be able to cover it at 9 inches about the water. I am also going to try and retrofit some t5 lights for supplementation, but the biggest source will be my radion, so I'm hoping it will cover.

bshow,

What generation of Radion do you have? I ask because a G3Pro with Wide Angle Lenses will provide plenty of light. Additionally, a new G4 or G4Pro would be more than adequate as well.

bshow24
02/24/2017, 10:24 AM
bshow,

What generation of Radion do you have? I ask because a G3Pro with Wide Angle Lenses will provide plenty of light. Additionally, a new G4 or G4Pro would be more than adequate as well.

I am pretty sure it's gen3 pro, but I honestly don't know. Whats the best way to confirm?

I know for a fact I won't need 3. I have this currently running on a 26 inch tank 9 inches above the water and it works great. That's why I figured keeping one and supplementing with T5s would be my best option.

mfinn
02/24/2017, 07:44 PM

I have a friend that uses a gen3 upgrade with wide angle lens on a 36" x 18" x16" tank and it looks pretty good side to side. I believe her light is at 11".

I think you would be fine.

SeaMonkee
02/26/2017, 09:42 PM
I am pretty sure it's gen3 pro, but I honestly don't know. Whats the best way to confirm?

I know for a fact I won't need 3. I have this currently running on a 26 inch tank 9 inches above the water and it works great. That's why I figured keeping one and supplementing with T5s would be my best option.

Call Ecotech on the customer service line, they will confirm which model between pro and non pro through the serial number on the side of the unit. I cannot remember the three digit prefixes for pro's, sorry, but they will be glad to help you.