PDA

View Full Version : Mp40 wetside spinning

bowlopho
02/24/2017, 08:07 AM
So I got an old gen 2 mp40 from a friend. It has little usage in it. Maybe a few months used but has been in storage for a few years. The wetside magnet was swollen and rusted.

I just picked up a never used wetside. So when I turn on the mp40, the thing will either spin erratically and dislodge itself or if I get it just right the cage will continuously spin. If I just hold the cage to prevent it from spinning the impeller moves just fine and water is pushed.

Any tips? Is the wetside not compatible? All I know it's an older wetside, It's a non qd wetside.

Alex Y EcoTech
02/24/2017, 10:18 AM
bow,

It's important to ensure you have the spacer setting correct for your aquarium's glass thickness. From there, support the dryside using the hanging tabs and run the pump in constant mode at a low speed. Gradually increase the speed over the course of 2 weeks to allow time for everything to break in.

bowlopho
02/24/2017, 01:42 PM
bow,

It's important to ensure you have the spacer setting correct for your aquarium's glass thickness. From there, support the dryside using the hanging tabs and run the pump in constant mode at a low speed. Gradually increase the speed over the course of 2 weeks to allow time for everything to break in.

Even running in low, the wetside cage continues to spin. Should I just let it be until it stops?