PDA

View Full Version : Fish fins smaller???

codydemmel4
02/25/2017, 07:29 PM
So I just recently realized both fins of my regal angelfish are a lot smaller then they used to be. Any idea what it could be from or do y'all think it's just from another fish picking on it?

If so obviously I have to remove the fish. I don't see any fish picking on him so that's why I'm confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrayolaViolence
02/25/2017, 07:54 PM
could be fin rot

codydemmel4
02/25/2017, 08:06 PM
could be fin rot

whats that?

Rakie
02/25/2017, 09:54 PM
whats that?

Very bad. Requiring all of your fish to go into a QT and get medications.

"Bacterial infection: fin rot, cloudy eye, popeye, general redness of areas, apparent lesions [raw spots], or internal swelling: scales standing on end indicating fluid retention. Bacteria come in gram-negative and gram-positive strains; a broad spectrum antibiotic is formulated to cover both eventualities, and some also handle fungus. This is fortunate, because fungus can look like a bacterial infection. In the case of popeye, it is symptomatic of an internal infection with head swelling. The eye will not recover sight.
Understand some of these meds may cause liver or kidney damage particularly if overdosed."

Hard to tell -- But it could also be cotton? I see little white stuff on his fins as well.

Cotton is a Fungal disease.

Both of these are very bad, and must be treated quickly. Go to the fish disease forum, and begin making up your QT tank. If you don't have medicine, get medicines. Be prepared to catch and move all fish to QT.