PDA

View Full Version : Problems with maxi-jet 1200 impellers

mighties_keeper
03/01/2017, 05:31 PM
I have had remora skimmer and sea clone skimmer driven by maxi-jet 1200's. The problem with both maxi-jets has been a fin broke off the impeller. I find these really strange because I have a larger grain sand in a 24" tall tank. Substrate doesn't move in the water column any where near the pumps. Wondering if this problem is elusively mine? It has been in the last six months and both pumps were new.

rhinonm
03/01/2017, 07:00 PM
maxi jet moved production operations a few years ago. If it has the purple impeller its the new chinese version aka junk.

From BRS:
The Cobalt Aquatics MJ series of pumps is the same Italian-made MJ you have been using for the last 20 years. Reliability and low operating noise have been the staple of this pump series, a principle reason why aquarists around the world have been using them for decades. After the original MJ distributor moved operations to China, Cobalt Aquatics jumped on the opportunity to work with the Italian manufacturer to continue to provide a source for this high quality product line

IowaReefer
03/01/2017, 08:00 PM
I second that. Check eBay for an older model, the difference is enormous. Think Kia vs Lexus.

mighties_keeper
03/02/2017, 09:26 PM
One pump has a purple impeller and the other pump has a white impeller. I order a new one with a purple impeller, two months ago. Next one I will order from BRS.