PDA

View Full Version : Gen4 Pro Fans

ca1ore
03/02/2017, 10:15 PM
Just bought a trio to replace my aging reefbreeders lights. Curious whether there is any way to shut the fans off at night when the lights are off? Currently the fans are running constantly which is rather annoying as I have spent a lot of effort to make the tank silent at night. These lights are much quieter than the RB during the day, but noisier at night.

Chriss614
03/02/2017, 10:18 PM
Just bought a trio to replace my aging reefbreeders lights. Curious whether there is any way to shut the fans off at night when the lights are off? Currently the fans are running constantly which is rather annoying as I have spent a lot of effort to make the tank silent at night. These lights are much quieter than the RB during the day, but noisier at night.
You could use a timer and just shut off power to the unit after lights out and turn it back on shortly before lights on. It depends on how you are controlling the lights.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

CoralNerd
03/02/2017, 10:36 PM
I wonder why they have them running when off anyways?

slap
03/03/2017, 05:12 AM
Would be easy if ecotech would allow this by firmware update. The fans of my 3 g4 pro lamp are already quite loud.

Breadman03
03/03/2017, 08:26 AM
The fan noise is the only strike that I have against these lights. I would prefer a larger fan that makes less noise and shuts down once the lights cool enough after shutting off.

ca1ore
03/03/2017, 11:09 AM
You could use a timer and just shut off power to the unit after lights out and turn it back on shortly before lights on. It depends on how you are controlling the lights.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

That seems like an inelegant solution ..... though it seem unlikely, perhaps these lights 'need' constant ventilation.

ca1ore
03/03/2017, 11:10 AM
Would be easy if ecotech would allow this by firmware update. The fans of my 3 g4 pro lamp are already quite loud.

Agreed. Not sure why they run when the light is off and not generating any heat?