PDA

View Full Version : QT question, no sump to seed sponge in

Mikee002
03/03/2017, 10:36 AM
Question regarding seeding my hob sponge for my QT tank. My display is cycling right now, so I have nowhere to seed the sponge for the recommended 30 days. What can I do to start my QT tank since I don't have that option right now?

AlSimmons
03/03/2017, 11:39 AM
Just put a sponge in your DT now and keep it there for at least a couple weeks after the cycle is complete. Once this is done you can move it over to the QT. Also, I'm not sure what kind of rock you used, but you can move one of these into the QT for a little extra support. A new rock can always be purchased to take it's place in the DT.

mcgyvr
03/03/2017, 04:45 PM
^^ yup.yup

Mikee002
03/03/2017, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestion

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Goatonfly
03/03/2017, 08:25 PM
Just put a sponge in your DT now and keep it there for at least a couple weeks after the cycle is complete. Once this is done you can move it over to the QT. Also, I'm not sure what kind of rock you used, but you can move one of these into the QT for a little extra support. A new rock can always be purchased to take it's place in the DT.

If you keep it in a few weeks after cycle, why not just wait to put it in until after first water change to lower chance of tons of nitrates (and maybe others) going into QT? I'm not sure if it would matter, but it's an idea.