PDA

View Full Version : Clown Fish mysteriously died

agruetz
03/03/2017, 12:19 PM
So one of my Maroon ORA clown fish mysteriously died last night. I went to bed everyone was fine woke up and found the male sucked up to the outside of my WP10.

The female looks fine, is eating no signs of disease etc... they are only fish in the 27 gallon bio-cube. It gets weekly 5 gallon water changes. I have had them both since they were 6 months - a year old they have to be close to 3 or 4 years old now. All water parameters are good, all corals are fine and open. No new live stock as been added in over a year.

Did he die of old age? I have read that they can live much longer than 3 - 4 years.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Zalick
03/03/2017, 08:10 PM
Sorry for your loss. :(

I had the same thing happen about a year ago. I had a pair for 5-6 years. In the morning they were up and eating like normal. When I got home from work the female was dead. no sign of disease or anything. Water fine. Everyone else fine. I asked the same question you did.

I concluded that it just died. Could have been heart disease/stroke just like other animals.

agruetz
03/04/2017, 02:53 PM
So it is not completely unheard of for this to happen. Makes me feel slightly better, I mean the female still looks fine no problems rest of tank is good etc...

scooter31707
03/06/2017, 11:15 AM
did it have any bite marks or ragged fins. Possibility your female didn't want the male around no more.