PDA

View Full Version : ATO for Apex

Fdnavy
03/04/2017, 08:24 PM
I'd like some help choosing an ATO. It seems the tunze 3155 is pretty good but also pretty expensive. I also plan on buying an apex JR. Is there a cheaper option that uses an eye and a float as a backup that will work with an apex and save some money?

Ebone
03/04/2017, 08:49 PM
look into an avast ato

scuzy
03/04/2017, 08:51 PM
There won't be cheaper option as the jr can't user a breakout box without adding a pm1 module. Add up everything it comes out to be about the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fdnavy
03/04/2017, 10:16 PM
Just stumbled across the icecap ATO. Seems similar to the Tunze. Anyone have experience with it yet? It seems pretty new.

TheFishGuy31
03/05/2017, 12:35 PM
I'd save the money on an ATO and buy an Apex and make a break-out-board. Use a float switch and pump and you've got an ATO.

dfm34
03/06/2017, 08:50 PM
look into an avast ato

This is what I use no issues I have used on two different tanks I love it.

texdoc77
03/06/2017, 10:03 PM
look into an avast ato

I use avast ATO with my apex and it has worked flawlessly on two separate tanks. Of note, the avast diaphragm pump is a beast. It pulls water up from my tank in my garage (25 feet away) through the attic and down to my sump. However, the diaphragm pump does not work so well with kalk since it dumps water in pretty fast and not "slow and measured" like a peristaltic pump will. YMMV

Optionman
03/07/2017, 08:27 AM
I run a branch of my RODI line over 30 feet directly to my sump and use a plastic float to maintain the proper water level. As a precaution against float failure and subsequent flooding of my system with fresh water, i spliced an electronic solenoid valve into the RODI line and have it plugged into an outlet in my APEX fusion. The solenoid valve remains "open" as long as power is flowing, and i utilize 2 leak detectors placed in the sump which will "close" the solenoid valve if the water level within the sump raises above the predetermined float level.

This has worked perfectly for months and the solenoid valve was under $50.

Comments?

Ajae
03/07/2017, 09:37 AM
look into an avast ato

On the Avast works just as good, I have yet to have any problems since setup. If you have the new Apex (2016) it plugs right into the power bar.

Spyderturbo007
03/08/2017, 08:19 AM
My Avast diaphragm pump arrives today, so I'm happy to see so many good reviews.

I built a mixing station in my basement and the Aqualifter wasn't going to cut it pulling water from the basement.