PDA

View Full Version : Cause of death?

yagesz
03/05/2017, 11:01 AM
368856368857http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58bc44026c207/received_10152581740619979.jpeg?

Okay so I'm getting kind of frustrated. I have been doing just fine for the last three months all of my initial fish that have been my tank of all survived except for two that were flukes. One jumped out of a tank and One Drop the Rock on himself and killed himself so I'm not too upset about those those are kind of unpredictable. In the last month however I have tried adding seven different fish and all seven have died they have all come from the same fish store and each of them has been rebated until this one because this one was too far out of line with death. The picture of him alive is from two days ago the two of them dead or from this morning he died overnight does his markings look like anything that I need to be treating my tank with. I have already treated my tank with prazi Pro as well as when fish were in QT they received copper treatment.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

rfalvey89
03/05/2017, 04:03 PM
my .02
Worms or cyanide...but I'M no expert
Had a tang do the same thing, waste away

yagesz
03/05/2017, 04:08 PM
This is dish number 6. I lost 3 anthias a fire angel and a gold headed goby. Goby and flame angel were flukes. The other 4 no.

Breakthecycle2
03/05/2017, 05:18 PM
Sounds more like velvet too me.

BigBlueTang
03/05/2017, 09:01 PM
Unfortunately, whatever killed the fish will have jumped fish post mortem, so pictures of a dead fish, unless its aggression, doesn't do anything. However, based on the timeline, it sounds like velvet.

Naso tangs also have the reputation of being cyanide caught and wasting away in captivity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yagesz
03/05/2017, 09:21 PM
No other fish are being hurt. It's k my new additions.

crawlerman
03/06/2017, 02:44 PM
I went through 3 naso tangs that died within a week from an online vender. Kept getting a credit and trying again. I suspected cyanide. They were dirt cheap, like $20-$30. This time I bought a male Blonde Hawaiian Naso from the LFS display tank. They had him for several months and he was eating everything. Cost me $200 but I finally got a good one. Seems like when I buy fish they either live for weeks or years.

yagesz
03/06/2017, 02:47 PM
Yeah. It's just annoying this is fish number 6. The 4 anthias I suspect hemeroagong. I treated the tank for it. The naso was at the it's for 2 months and doing great so I gave it a shot.

d-man
03/07/2017, 07:09 AM
Methylene blue is supposed to combat cyanide poisoning if used early enough

d-man
03/07/2017, 07:11 AM
Usually velvet has some tell tale signs prior to death.
Erratic swimming, swimming into the powerhead flow and grainy spots(ich like but way more)

Flukes are possible( trust me, lost my last QT batch to what I thought was flukes)
Tattered fins, change of color, and itching as well.

Breakthecycle2
03/07/2017, 10:34 AM
Usually velvet has some tell tale signs prior to death.
Erratic swimming, swimming into the powerhead flow and grainy spots(ich like but way more)

Flukes are possible( trust me, lost my last QT batch to what I thought was flukes)
Tattered fins, change of color, and itching as well.

Most of the time there are no signs of velvet. What you are describing also sounds velvet.