PDA

View Full Version : 3170.000 Reactor

Potatohead
03/06/2017, 10:07 PM
Rodger,

Has this recently been re-introduced to market? I notice on Aquacave it says new, but MarineDepot says discontinued? The one on AC appears to be a new style though.

Also, if it has, if I planned to run it internally in the sump is there any reason it cannot be used without the black housing? Lastly, does it need a feed pump or does the one pump do it all?

Thank you

rvitko
03/07/2017, 09:32 AM
It can be used without the black housing. It was reintroduced in a redesigned format with the 3171 and 3172, however, I only got 3 and they cancelled them, the 3 I received are all the new design, however they have no manuals, I brought them in as I am using them for my new tank build which will have all internal components and I used 2 to accommodate the tank volume. I think they are fairly self explanatory but for now they are cancelled as the factory had too many projects in the works, basically, after this one is gone, there won't be any more until next year as they abandoned it due to lack of time to complete the manual, in the winter or next spring it will be rereleased with a proper manual.

Potatohead
03/07/2017, 06:53 PM
Alright, thanks for the help