View Full Version : Mini 180 Drain Line?

03/07/2017, 08:16 PM
I need to add a drain line to my BK 180 Mini
It does not have a fitting to connect a hose
but it has a hole in the bottom of the cup.
What is the best way to connect a hose to it.

03/07/2017, 09:25 PM
You have a couple options. You can tap the hole for a threaded fitting such as those on John Guest valves and get some tubing to stuff into it. Its a metric size hole which I think is 10 mm. One of our customers got a 3/8" threaded fitting with a barb on one end and used some teflon tape on the threads and pushed it into the hole. He then connected the drain tube to it. Take a look at this thread and scroll down to post 18 to see his solution & 19 for his explanation.

That said, one nice thing about the mini is that the cup isn't threaded on. It just sets in place and seals via the o-ring and the heavy weight of the cup. This makes removing the cup to empty it as well as clean the neck really easy. Just food for thought.