PDA

View Full Version : Shout Out for Fusion

Stolireef
03/08/2017, 04:09 PM
I know Fusion has been up and running for a while but it's new to me. I'm really impressed by the UI and the ability to easily run across multiple platforms. BTW, the update of the Apex was easy as pie.

Great Job Neptune.

jacksonpt
03/10/2017, 09:21 AM
I'll jump in here and agree with this. The interface on the display module can be a little wonky at times, but my firmware is several version old as I don't have a way to hardwire my Jr for an update... but the Fusion interface has served me VERY well from a variety of devices/OSs/platforms. I've been really impressed with the overall quality of Neptune's offerings.

Stolireef
03/10/2017, 09:24 AM
I'll jump in here and agree with this. The interface on the display module can be a little wonky at times, but my firmware is several version old as I don't have a way to hardwire my Jr for an update... but the Fusion interface has served me VERY well from a variety of devices/OSs/platforms. I've been really impressed with the overall quality of Neptune's offerings.

I have very solid WiFi in my house and did the update over WiFi with no issues whatsoever. I understand Neptune's warnings to the contrary but even Neptune (on there newest Apex) allows for WiFi updates. So long as your connection is stable and strong, I'd go for it without hesitation.

jacksonpt
03/10/2017, 11:17 AM
Cool, thanks for the note. Right now things are working fine for me, so I'll keep running as is. If I run into problems that seem to be firmware-related, I'll be less hesitant to update over wifi.

RussM
03/11/2017, 01:20 PM
I have very solid WiFi in my house and did the update over WiFi with no issues whatsoever. I understand Neptune's warnings to the contrary but even Neptune (on there newest Apex) allows for WiFi updates. So long as your connection is stable and strong, I'd go for it without hesitation.
The Apex (2016) and the Apex Classic models uses entirely different firmware update mechanisms. The warnings against having Wi-Fi anywhere in the path between the computer and an Apex Classic when doing a firmware update exist for good reasons. Your last sentence is not good advice.

Stolireef
03/12/2017, 07:47 AM
The Apex (2016) and the Apex Classic models uses entirely different firmware update mechanisms. The warnings against having Wi-Fi anywhere in the path between the computer and an Apex Classic when doing a firmware update exist for good reasons. Your last sentence is not good advice.

Fair enough. I was actually a little hesitant to post my comment. I don't have any information regarding the firmware update mechanisms and thus, I can't even attempt to counter your point. For geeks, it might be interesting to know the difference though.