PDA

View Full Version : Ice cap gyre 3k

Trujillo325
03/09/2017, 12:44 PM
I was thinking of running the pulse mode on it but i don't know what percentage i should run it at and how many seconds per pulse i have a standard 75 gallon tank and i don't have a lot of rocks to have plenty of swimming room for my fish

TroyHoot
03/09/2017, 04:34 PM
Im running mine in alternating mode. 50% forward, 40% back. 1 minute to ramp up and down with 1 minute at the highest and lowest point. Also in a 75g.

I really didnt like pulse mode. Their is a thread for this model you might search and ask in it. If no one else chimes in. You just gotta play with it and try things till you find something you like.

Trujillo325
03/09/2017, 07:22 PM
Thanks im actually running it at 50% on pulse mode during the day and at night at 20% i tried using the alternating gyre but my sand is really fine so it blows all the sand under the pump away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

afish70
03/14/2017, 10:13 AM
I have this in my 90 and I get no sand movement at all. Reverse mode does nothing and forward at 70% moves water but the sand does not move at all. Does anyone have a video of this thing in a 4 foot long tank moving the sand??

Sk8r
03/14/2017, 12:59 PM
The pulse is not necessarily the best thing unless you have thick glass: it's quite a lot of rhythmic force hitting the glass, depending on tank shape and glass thickness, and over time...is a bit scary. I have a bowfront wedge, and get a lot of action without using the alternation, just because the wave hits the wall and bounces.