PDA

View Full Version : Was dkh to low

Buddy55
03/09/2017, 10:05 PM
So I was getting frustrated with my tank because of algae. So some poor upkeep resulted. I never have dosed before but 2 weeks ago I had the sw bug hit me. My dkh tested at 6 to 6.5 even after 20% water change so I got a hold of brs for dosing.
Before dosing my lps candy can was receding tissue. I have been dosing slowly and now at 9.0dkh, 1420mg, 420ca, turned temp up to 78 from 75 and set pumps to pulse/wave more than flow.
Tissue seems to be plumping up. I have had three heads for two years. Almost lost two last year and it has been stuck in size for last 6 months. Now the large head is plump and oval. The small heads don't have feeders and the mouth is to small to cup food so I can't feed. They are plump and full looking however even being so small.

Main question, the smaller heads had receded so much and for so long those pesky mini feather tube grew on the 'ribs' of the coral skeleton. If tissue is indeed growing like I hope and wish will I need to intervene and cut those tubes from the coral?

Buddy55
03/14/2017, 08:56 PM
Im just gonna try to remove them i guess.

RonMidtownStomp
03/17/2017, 02:21 AM
Sorry nobody responded. There's no harm in removing them.

Buddy55
03/19/2017, 06:08 PM
It seems my corals are noticeably improving. I broke the dead feather duster tubes off as much as I could. The flesh had already began growing around some. Maybe they have an enzyme in the flesh that will help with this issue. Or not.

dostjustin1
03/22/2017, 12:08 AM
Interesting keep us posted on how it does

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk