PDA

View Full Version : Gyre Pump Magnets can they be placed underwater

Osama
03/11/2017, 02:49 PM
Question Pls: Can the magnets of the Maxspect Gyre pumps be underwater I would like to have the magnets in the return plenum that is at the center of the end tank-wall .. So the pump can blow across the whole 11 feet length of the tank. One at each end is what is what I am thinking that I would like to do if the magnets can be underwater .. Pls advise and thanks..

biecacka
03/11/2017, 02:51 PM
Question Pls: Can the magnets of the Maxspect Gyre pumps be underwater I would like to have the magnets in the return plenum that is at the center of the end tank-wall .. So the pump can blow across the whole 11 feet length of the tank. One at each end is what is what I am thinking that I would like to do if the magnets can be underwater .. Pls advise and thanks..
Yes. The magnets are safe to be in the water. Mine is attached to my overflow box.

Corey

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

scuzy
03/11/2017, 02:52 PM
Well if you want to be sure you can put magnet magnet instead. Or dip it in epoxy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osama
03/11/2017, 02:53 PM
Thanks Corey., That is where I plan on placing mine as well... How long have you had them under water and working fine??? For My Info before I take the same route

Osama
03/11/2017, 02:54 PM
Well if you want to be sure you can put magnet magnet instead

Not sure I follow but am very interested in understanding your point Pls expand with my thanks

biecacka
03/11/2017, 02:59 PM
Just a few months. But there are reports of others using them this way much longer

Corey

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Osama
03/11/2017, 03:04 PM
Thanks Corey Greatly Appreciate the input

scuzy
03/11/2017, 03:17 PM
You can use magnet from ones use for scrapping glass or even the tune mount magnet. If you want to use original magnet do it in epoxy so it creates a thick seal. Sealing it with epoxy will prevent rusting of magnet.

Osama
03/11/2017, 03:23 PM
Thanks A bunch Scuzy .. Greatly appreciate the input.. I was hoping I can use them underwater without the epoxy coating/protection So am glad I asked and got your info first..